Dark passionate explorations of natural forms - the art of Lissa Bockrath

Lissa Bockrath creates large format abstract-expressionistic nature-inspired mood-pieces that just make the jaw drop. Here's what she says about the how and when and why or her art...

I start each painting without a preconceived idea of what the final image or end result will be and instead my process becomes a stream of consciousness. Working with the inherent natural elements in the process of painting is what I relish most. The “spontaneous” reactions of the medium inspire me. When I trust my instincts and work intuitively, the images produced are more believable and powerful than anything I could have worked to consciously produce. [source BOCKRATH]

Check out these recent copyrighted images from Lissa's collection:




Comments